Friday, November 5, 2010

Advent Calendar - the Latest Version!



UPDATE

Want to learn more about how to 
creatively use our packaging products?

Take a look at our new blog,

A Beautifully Wrapped Life here



Hi again! It's about that time when we need to start thinking about the upcoming holidays - they're not as far away as you think! So, I thought this would be a good time to show you the latest version of last year's advent calendar. And since you need to have the calendar ready to go for December 1st, now is the time!!

This year's version is quite similar with just a few little tweaks. All the supplies we used (the gift boxes, gift wrap, ribbon and double-sided tape) are available at Essential Packaging.

You can chose which way you'd like your boxes to open - I happened to chose (accidentally!) that mine would have the "doors" open down. A customer that was in our Store the other day said she was going to put her boxes on their sides so her doors would open just like an actual door, from left to right - good idea!

The biggest improvement on this year's version is that I used the Sookwang, super sticky, double-sided tape that we now carry in the Store. It's fantastic and it really helps to keep the boxes and paper in place. We have it available in 3 different widths at the Store. You'll love using it... on everything!!

The other change was because of a pet peeve - the advent calendar that I made last year for my little son, Matthew, would sit on the end table in our living room. Every time I walked past it, I could see the back of the of the boxes and it just didn't look that finished (you'll see what I mean if you look at the link above for last year's calendar) So, this year I decided to wrap it so that the gift wrap covered the back - I think it looks a lot better!

Then I added a bit of a fancier bow; cute but still "manly", right? Matthew's seen this newest one and can't wait to start opening it up! Now is the fun part of filling it all up!

Hope you've enjoyed our latest project!














7 comments:

  1. Sooo-oo cute! I'm ashamed to admit that we don't have an Advent calendar at all!
    Okay, I'm motivated...and I just might have all of the materials on hand. Looks like this is going on my Project List for the week.
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment - glad we could provide some inspiration! Give it a try and send us a photo of the finished calendar - we'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute and creative! I'd love it if you'd link up this project to my linky party called Theme Party Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love the bigger boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really good looking! I like the adornments and idea's on how to pull it together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You aRE killing me with these great ideas. I made something similar using the Cricut last year.
    Thank you so much for joining us
    http://passionatelyartistic.com
    I look forward to seeing you every week.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! I think that I may have around 25 gift boxes from a crafting disaster.. so I may have upcycle them into an advent calendar! Thanks for sharing, hope you'll share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2010/11/pink-hippo-party-4.html

    ReplyDelete